Nov. 24: Climate Change Strategy Released
Posted On November 30, 2015
The government released the province’s Climate Change Strategy, which supports Ontario’s proposed cap and trade program. The strategy outlines the steps the government will take, including:
- Introducing climate legislation that would establish a long-term framework for action and make the cap-and-trade program law
- Integrating climate change mitigation and adaptation considerations into government decision-making and infrastructure planning
- Introducing changes to government operations, procurement, employee training, building retrofits, etc. to help government move towards carbon neutrality
- Developing a coordinated approach to reduce emissions from new and existing buildings
- Reducing emissions from transportation by promoting the uptake of zero emission and plug-in hybrid vehicles.
Submit a policy: email to email@example.com
Do You Like This Tool ?