Nov. 13: Reminder to Protect Workers in the Cold
The government reminded employers to take steps to reduce the effect of cold weather on their workers, such as by:
- Providing a heater or other on-site heat source
- Providing a heated shelter for workers to work or take breaks in
- Shielding workers from drafts or winds
- Letting workers take extra breaks, if needed
- Educating workers on the hazards of working in the cold and the controls in place to protect them
- Using a buddy system so workers don’t work alone in very cold weather.