May 7: New CSA Standard on Industrial Robots
The new 3rd edition of CSA’s Z434 standard on industrial robots adopts part I & II ISO Robotic standards with Canadian deviations. This edition addresses new technologies, such as soft access limiting, collaborative robots and the presence-sensing device initiation, and provides:
- Information on end user requirements for training
- Requirements for the transfer of knowledge to both the integrator and user
- Requirements for recordkeeping
- Explanations on ISO requirements for Canadian users
- Guidance on the safe integration of robots and robot systems
- Direction for compliance with regulatory and statutory requirements.