May 3: Government Reminds Employers to Protect Workers During Hot Weather
Posted On May 9, 2016
Due to the first heat wave of the year, the government reminded employers that, under the OHS laws, hot weather is a hazard they must identify, address and take steps to control. Employers should help protect workers by:
- Reducing physical activity, changing the work location to a cooler, shaded area, and creating a cooling station where workers can rest
- Using a work-rest schedule with extra breaks, if needed
- Letting workers acclimate by gradually increasing the time they spend working outside
- Scheduling physically demanding jobs for the cooler times of day
- Providing plenty of cool drinking water.
Submit a policy: email to email@example.com
Do You Like This Tool ?