The government reminded farmers, farm families and workers to be aware of the OHS risks associated with spring activities. To help improve safety on and around the farm, Manitobans can:
- Create a safe, separate play area for children
- Identify which farm-related tasks may be appropriate for children, based on their age, skill levels and the North American Guidelines for Children’s Agricultural Tasks
- Ensure equipment and machinery is regularly inspected and maintained in good working condition
- Use appropriate PPE when working with chemicals, fuel and other potentially dangerous materials
- Understand the risks associated with handling livestock
- Train new workers, including family members, on farm safety risks and regularly review these materials with all workers
- Take time to rest, even during busy periods.
Submit a policy: email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Do You Like This Tool ?