May 19: Government Issues Reminder for Safety During Farming Season
Posted On May 23, 2016
The government reminded farmers, farm families and workers to be aware of the OHS risks associated with spring activities. To help improve safety on and around the farm, Manitobans can:
- Create a safe, separate play area for children
- Identify which farm-related tasks may be appropriate for children, based on their age, skill levels and the North American Guidelines for Children’s Agricultural Tasks
- Ensure equipment and machinery is regularly inspected and maintained in good working condition
- Use appropriate PPE when working with chemicals, fuel and other potentially dangerous materials
- Understand the risks associated with handling livestock
- Train new workers, including family members, on farm safety risks and regularly review these materials with all workers
- Take time to rest, even during busy periods.
Submit a policy: email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Do You Like This Tool ?