The government released Guidelines to Support Trans and Gender Variant Employees for government workers to provide clarity on how trans and gender variant employees are to be supported and included in the workplace. Areas addressed by the guidelines include:
- Safety, inclusion and access to washroom and change room facilities
- Work assignments and workplace inclusion
- Use of an employee’s identified name and pronoun
- Being able to wear clothing that reflects one’s gender identity
- Respect and protection for employee confidentiality with respect to gender identity.