May 16: Safety Blitz on Fall Hazards Began
Posted On June 6, 2016
The MOL is conducting a safety blitz focusing on fall hazards from May 16 to July 15, 2016. Inspectors will visit a variety of workplaces in the construction, industrial and mining sectors, checking that:
- Employers have policies, programs and safe work practices in place to protect workers from falls
- Employers have assessed ladders, mobile stands and platforms for hazards, maintained equipment and placed it on firm footing when in use
- Safety barriers such as guardrails are installed when needed
- Workers are trained on the use of appropriate fall protection systems, PPE and other safety devices when working at heights
- Employers ensure that workers are working safely on truck beds, trailers or the top of loads.
Submit a policy: email to email@example.com
Do You Like This Tool ?