March 31: Combustible Dust Safety Plan Announced
Posted On April 7, 2014
Government, the forest industry, organized labour and WorkSafeBC issued a statement after a meeting on combustible dust and sawmill safety, announcing an aggressive coordinated plan. Highlights:
- A team of technical experts will be set up to help all mills comply with the OHS laws
- The Manufacturers’ Advisory Group has developed a Dust Mitigation and Control Audit protocol and is offering it to all BC mills
- Sawmill employers, organized labour and WorkSafeBC will launch an awareness campaign on workers’ right to refuse unsafe work
- WorkSafeBC will double the size of the designated inspection team and launch further sawmill inspections
- WorkSafeBC is reviewing its OHS Policy with a focus on high-risk violations and the consequences for non-compliance.
Submit a policy: email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Do You Like This Tool ?