June 9: Changes to X-Ray Equipment Protections Proposed
Posted On June 15, 2015
The government introduced new legislation that would update requirements for the use of X-ray equipment to better protect patients and healthcare providers. The proposed legislation would include:
- Updated requirements for registration and sites for use of X-ray equipment, CT scanners, PET scanners and other similar equipment
- Updated radiation dose limits for workers and the public
- Specific requirements for the use and maintenance of equipment as well as quality assurance programs
- Updated requirements for protective equipment
- Modernized inspection authority for radiation safety inspectors.
Submit a policy: email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Do You Like This Tool ?