Amendments to the Construction Projects Regulation to strengthen and clarify existing requirements relating to the use of suspended access equipment will take effect on Jan. 1, 2017. Key amendments include:
- A requirement for notifying the MOL before putting suspended access equipment into service for the first time at a project
- Requirements for roof plans and site-specific work plans
- Training requirements for workers who may use or inspect suspended access equipment
- Enhanced design, operational, technical and engineering requirements
- Strengthened inspection, testing and maintenance requirements.