A proposed amendment to Part 8, Reporting Requirements, of the TDG Regulations was published in Part 1 of the Canada Gazette. Comments are due on or before July 6, 2015. The proposed amendment includes the following:
- New definition of “release”
- Introduction of new circumstances under which a report is required
- Exceptions where the reporting obligation doesn’t apply
- Reporting of the loss or theft of dangerous goods
- Reporting of unlawful interference with dangerous goods
- New reporting criteria for misdeclared or undeclared dangerous goods to harmonize with International Civil Aviation Organisation reporting requirements.