July 4: WCB’s Heat Stress Tips
Posted On July 9, 2012
The WCB reminded employers and workers of the hazards associated with elevated temperatures and high humidity. To reduce the risk of heat stress at work, it recommends:
- Ensuring there’s adequate ventilation in the workplace.
- Accommodating the body’s natural defense system by getting enough salt and drinking plenty of non-caffeinated liquids.
- When working outside, limiting sun exposure, wearing sunscreen and covering exposed skin with loose fitting, tightly woven clothing.
- Taking breaks in the shade or an air conditioned space, if possible.
- Ensuring there’s adequate supervision.
- Using a buddy system to be vigilant of early signs of heat stress.
Submit a policy: email to email@example.com
Do You Like This Tool ?