July 3: One Call System for Utility Locates Now Mandatory
The new Ontario Underground Infrastructure Notification System Act, 2012 makes mandatory the Ontario One Call system, which provides locates and information on utilities buried in a specified area. The following must provide information as to locates:
- Gas distributors and transmitters
- Operators of a distribution system
- Anyone or entity regulated under the Oil, Gas and Salt Resources Act
- Anyone or entity that owns or operates underground infrastructure that crosses or is in the vicinity of a public right of way
- Hydro One Inc and Ontario Power Generation Inc.