July 12: WCB Reminds Workers to Be Safe in the Heat
Posted On July 15, 2013
The WCB reminded Islanders to stay safe at work during the hot summer weather by preventing heat stress before it happens. It provided the following safety tips:
- Drink plenty of water. Supervisors should ensure that their workers remain hydrated.
- Limit sun exposure and wear sunscreen.
- Cover exposed skin with loose fitting, tightly woven clothing.
- Have adequate ventilation in the workplace.
- Take breaks in the shade or an air conditioned space, if possible.
- Provide adequate supervision and use a buddy system to watch for signs of heat stress in co-workers.
Submit a policy: email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Do You Like This Tool ?