The WCB reminded Islanders to stay safe at work during the hot summer weather by preventing heat stress before it happens. It provided the following safety tips:
- Drink plenty of water. Supervisors should ensure that their workers remain hydrated.
- Limit sun exposure and wear sunscreen.
- Cover exposed skin with loose fitting, tightly woven clothing.
- Have adequate ventilation in the workplace.
- Take breaks in the shade or an air conditioned space, if possible.
- Provide adequate supervision and use a buddy system to watch for signs of heat stress in co-workers.
Submit a policy: email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Do You Like This Tool ?