Jan. 22: Cold Stress Tips
Posted On February 3, 2014
Between 2008 and 2012 in Québec, 53 workers suffered an injury at work from the cold. The CSST says that, depending on the context of work, you can take various preventive measures to protect workers from cold stress, including:
- Provide warm workstations or heated shelters
- Cover handles and metal rods with thermal insulation
- Ensure workers wear clothing suitable for the temperature and tasks to be performed
- Let workers alternate periods of work and warming
- Rearrange the work schedule so outside tasks are done during the hottest part of the day
- Increase monitoring to recognize the signs or symptoms of hypothermia, frostbite and related conditions.
Submit a policy: email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Do You Like This Tool ?