The WCB reminded Islanders to take precautions to prevent cold stress while working outside. It provided the following tips for workers and employers:
- Cover your head.
- Wear layered clothing.
- Pace yourself during physically demanding work.
- Protect your hands and feet.
- Set up shelters to block wind where possible.
- Schedule work to be done on warmer days if possible.
- Take breaks in heated buildings.
- Drink plenty of warm fluids.
- Cover metal handles and bars with insulating materials.
- Monitor the temperature and wind and adjust breaks accordingly.
- Educate workers on the signs and symptoms of hypothermia as well as its prevention.
Submit a policy: email to email@example.com
Do You Like This Tool ?