Jan. 22: Cold Stress Tips
Posted On January 28, 2013
The WCB reminded Islanders to take precautions to prevent cold stress while working outside. It provided the following tips for workers and employers:
- Cover your head.
- Wear layered clothing.
- Pace yourself during physically demanding work.
- Protect your hands and feet.
- Set up shelters to block wind where possible.
- Schedule work to be done on warmer days if possible.
- Take breaks in heated buildings.
- Drink plenty of warm fluids.
- Cover metal handles and bars with insulating materials.
- Monitor the temperature and wind and adjust breaks accordingly.
- Educate workers on the signs and symptoms of hypothermia as well as its prevention.
Submit a policy: email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Do You Like This Tool ?