The Saskatoon Health Region was charged with 11 violations of the OHS Act for a carbon monoxide leak from a boiler that contributed to the deaths of three residents at a seniors home. Another 22 residents, five workers and two visitors were treated in the hospital for exposure to the gas. The home didn’t have carbon monoxide detectors, which aren’t required under the building code. The charges relate to the home’s emergency response plan and safe use and maintenance of a boiler.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR OHS TIPS, COMPLIANCE NEWSLETTER AND WEBINAR INVITES