Jan. 1: Updated Child Car Seat Regulations Took Effect
Posted On January 3, 2012
The Minister of Health announced updated child car seat safety regulations that took effect on Jan. 1, 2012. The major changes include:
- A new testing requirement using a three-point seatbelt to secure car seats in vehicles
- Changes to child seats’ dynamic testing to adopt most of the US testing parameters
- New definition of an infant from 9 kg to 10 kg
- Increase in the maximum allowable weight limit of child seats from 22 kg to 30 kg
- Introduction of dynamic testing requirements for booster seats
- Certification of harnesses permitted for use on school buses by special needs children.
Submit a policy: email to email@example.com
Do You Like This Tool ?