Jan. 1, 2016: New OHS Regulations for Mining Will Take Effect
Posted On December 7, 2015
The following amendments to the Regulation 854 (Mines and Mining Plants) will take effect on Jan. 1, 2016 (except as noted below):
- Changes to the electrical requirements for working on energized equipment and electrical locking and tagging;
- Strengthened and improved requirements regarding high visibility safety apparel, which will take effect July 1, 2016;
- Updated references to certain standards, legislation or agencies;
- Updated terminology and clarifying certain requirements; and
- Gradually changing fees for rope testing performed by the Materials Testing Laboratory over a three year period.
Submit a policy: email to email@example.com
Do You Like This Tool ?