Feb. and March: Inspection Blitz to Target Warehouse Hazards
In Feb. and March, MOL inspectors will visit warehouses and retail establishments to focus on hazards in warehouses and storage areas. In particular, they’ll check that employers:
- Are properly maintaining and repairing racking and storage systems
- Are ensuring trucks and trailers are immobilized and secured to prevent accidental movement
- Are maintaining lifting devices and forklifts in good condition
- Have safe work practices, including assessing risk of slip, trip and fall hazards and responding immediately to any hazards
- Are dealing with MSDs hazards from manual material handling.