In Feb. and March, MOL inspectors will visit warehouses and retail establishments to focus on hazards in warehouses and storage areas. In particular, they’ll check that employers:
- Are properly maintaining and repairing racking and storage systems
- Are ensuring trucks and trailers are immobilized and secured to prevent accidental movement
- Are maintaining lifting devices and forklifts in good condition
- Have safe work practices, including assessing risk of slip, trip and fall hazards and responding immediately to any hazards
- Are dealing with MSDs hazards from manual material handling.