Dec. 9: Prepare in Advance for Safe Winter Driving
Posted On December 16, 2013
In 2012, the highest number of injury collisions in Alberta occurred during December. So the government offered these tips to help you prepare for safe winter driving:
- Ensure your vehicle is in good working condition.
- Consider using winter tires, which provide better traction.
- Ensure your vehicle always has at least half a tank of gas.
- Carry an emergency road kit.
- Drive for the road conditions.
- Slow down. Allow more time for stopping.
- Increase the distance between your vehicle and other vehicles.
- Don’t use cruise control.
- Watch for icy road conditions, especially at intersections, bridge decks and overpasses.
- Use caution when approaching sharp curves and steep hills in the winter.
Submit a policy: email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Do You Like This Tool ?