In 2012, the highest number of injury collisions in Alberta occurred during December. So the government offered these tips to help you prepare for safe winter driving:
- Ensure your vehicle is in good working condition.
- Consider using winter tires, which provide better traction.
- Ensure your vehicle always has at least half a tank of gas.
- Carry an emergency road kit.
- Drive for the road conditions.
- Slow down. Allow more time for stopping.
- Increase the distance between your vehicle and other vehicles.
- Don’t use cruise control.
- Watch for icy road conditions, especially at intersections, bridge decks and overpasses.
- Use caution when approaching sharp curves and steep hills in the winter.
Submit a policy: email to email@example.com
Do You Like This Tool ?