A new action plan, Transitioning to a Low-carbon Economy, was released as part of a made-in-New Brunswick response to climate change. Highlights:
- 100 clear action items to support sustained and ambitious actions on combating climate change
- Expansion of energy efficiency and clean energy programs
- The phasing out of coal as a source of electricity
- Investment in new technologies that reduce pollution, such as renewable electricity
- Establishment of a price on carbon and caps on GHG emissions
- Goal of making government carbon-neutral by 2030 and increasing spending on energy efficiency in the next capital budget by 50%.
Submit a policy: email to email@example.com
Do You Like This Tool ?