Dec. 14: Holiday Fire Safety Tips
Posted On December 17, 2012
The Office of the Fire Commissioner and Ministry of Justice offered some basic fire safety tips that may apply to both homes and decorated workplaces:
- Use non-combustible containers for tea lights and votive candles. Battery-operated candles are a good alternative.
- Place Menorahs on a stable surface and never leave candles unattended.
- Ensure a real Christmas tree stays fresh by watering it often. Consider a fire-resistant artificial tree as an alternative.
- Use only lights that have been tested and labelled by an approved testing laboratory.
- Always turn tree lights off at night.
- Don’t overload electrical outlets.
- Check and clean smoke alarms regularly and change batteries at least twice a year.
Submit a policy: email to email@example.com
Do You Like This Tool ?