The Office of the Fire Commissioner and Ministry of Justice offered some basic fire safety tips that may apply to both homes and decorated workplaces:
- Use non-combustible containers for tea lights and votive candles. Battery-operated candles are a good alternative.
- Place Menorahs on a stable surface and never leave candles unattended.
- Ensure a real Christmas tree stays fresh by watering it often. Consider a fire-resistant artificial tree as an alternative.
- Use only lights that have been tested and labelled by an approved testing laboratory.
- Always turn tree lights off at night.
- Don’t overload electrical outlets.
- Check and clean smoke alarms regularly and change batteries at least twice a year.
Submit a policy: email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Do You Like This Tool ?