Dec. 10: Changes to OHS Act Get Royal Assent
Posted On December 17, 2012
Bill 6, the Protection and Compliance Statues Amendment Act, received Royal Assent on Dec. 10, 2012. The bills changes the OHS Act in six major ways:
- The Department can impose administrative penalties for OHS violations
- Authority of OHS officers was enhanced
- Prime contractor requirement was clarified
- The OHS Council’s duties were expanded to include hearing appeals of administrative penalties
- The government can collect creative sentences owing to third parties as fines
- Orders can be served by electronic methods and on a person in apparent authority.
Submit a policy: email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Do You Like This Tool ?