Bill 6, the Protection and Compliance Statues Amendment Act, received Royal Assent on Dec. 10, 2012. The bills changes the OHS Act in six major ways:
- The Department can impose administrative penalties for OHS violations
- Authority of OHS officers was enhanced
- Prime contractor requirement was clarified
- The OHS Council’s duties were expanded to include hearing appeals of administrative penalties
- The government can collect creative sentences owing to third parties as fines
- Orders can be served by electronic methods and on a person in apparent authority.
Submit a policy: email to email@example.com
Do You Like This Tool ?