April 7: Interim Council Issues Recommendations on Bill 160
Posted On April 11, 2011
The Interim Prevention Council forwarded a letter to the Minister of Labour with its recommendations for improvements to Bill 160, including:
- Clearly articulating the powers of the Chief Prevention Officer
- Requiring the Minister to give the Prevention Council and Chief Prevention Officer 30 days’ notice and reasons for any intent to change the delegated authorities or to make a significant change to the prevention system
- Requiring the Minister to consult with the Chief Prevention Officer on any intent to make a significant change to the prevention system
- Requiring the Prevention Council to be composed of an equal number of members representing employers and trade unions and restricting the number of other members to no more than one-third of its membership
- Reducing the documentation that a JHSC co-chair must provide to an employer under Section 7(1) to make it less onerous to exercise this right
- Enabling an inspector to appear before the Ontario Labour Relations Board in situations where he has direct evidence of an alleged reprisal against a worker.
Submit a policy: email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Do You Like This Tool ?