April 4: Report on Killing of Police Suggests Safety Changes
Posted On April 11, 2011
A report into the killing of four RCMP officers in Alberta in March of 2005 includes a number of OHS recommendations related to threat assessments, equipment and crime scene security, including:
- Each RCMP detachment should designate a threat assessment coordinator
- The federal and provincial departments of justice should explore the feasibility of setting up a formal threat assessment information sharing system
- Guidelines on crime scene security should be developed
- A standardized risk assessment system for high-risk, pre-planned operations should be established
- All emergency response teams should have at least one trained paramedic.
Submit a policy: email to email@example.com
Do You Like This Tool ?