April 29: New OHS Regulations Proposed
Posted On May 6, 2013
Proposed amendments to the Workplace Safety and Health Act, which would take effect in the Fall 2013, have been made based on recommendations from the Minister’s Advisory Council on Workplace Safety and Health. Highlights of Bill 31:
- Providing immediate fines for activities presenting an imminent risk to workers or for backsliding to unsafe conditions after an improvement order has been issued
- Strengthening work refusal protections
- Enshrining workers’ rights in the law and penalizing employers that prevent workers from exercising these rights
- Requiring a safety and health representative in every workplace with five or more workers
- Requiring mandatory safety and health orientations for all new workers
- Providing a framework for the new CPO to review workplace injuries and deaths and report on prevention efforts.
Submit a policy: email to email@example.com
Do You Like This Tool ?