April 27: Road Safety Alert Issued for Agricultural Equipment
As farmers gear up for another growing season, agricultural equipment will soon be moving along roadways to fields. Farmers must be considerate of other drivers and allow vehicles to safely pass when possible to maintain traffic flow. Also, agricultural equipment operators must:
- Ensure all machinery is equipped with proper lighting, signage and reflectors
- Ensure lights, signage and reflectors are visible and clean
- Use a pilot vehicle when transporting oversized agricultural equipment
- Move equipment, whenever possible, during the day on secondary roads
- Ensure equipment will fit under power lines and on bridge structures
- Map out routes before transporting equipment and get appropriate permits from Manitoba Hydro and Manitoba Infrastructure, when applicable.