Manitoba has a new strategic action plan to prevent workplace injury and illness. Highlights of the Five Year Plan for Injury and Illness Prevention include:
- Doubling funding for prevention services
- Creating new requirements under the Workplace Safety and Health Act that more clearly define workers’ legal rights, require mandatory orientation of new workers and provide stronger protection when a worker refuses unsafe work
- Investing in resources that will ensure high school students have access to workplace health and safety information in the classroom or online
- Providing more ways for the public to report unsafe workplaces
- Increasing enforcement of rules to prevent bullying and violence in the workplace
- Reviewing every workplace death to learn lessons about prevention.
Submit a policy: email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Do You Like This Tool ?