During the spring, there’s a lot of activity on not only farms but also nearby roadways. Unfortunately, there are injuries and fatalities every year on Manitoba highways due to collisions with agricultural equipment. When operating farm equipment on roads:
- Ensure all machinery is equipped with proper lighting, signage and reflectors
- Ensure lights, signage and reflectors are visible and clean
- Use a pilot vehicle when transporting oversized agricultural equipment
- Whenever possible, move equipment during the day on secondary roads
- Make sure the equipment will fit under power lines and bridge structures along the route
- Map out your route beforehand and get appropriate permits when applicable.