The WHSCC released the lost-time incidence rate and other injury statistics for 2013 in Newfoundland and Labrador. Highlights:
- Lost-time incident rate was 1.6 per 100 workers, the same as 2012
- 92.1% of employers are injury-free, up from 91.8% in 2012
- Young workers (aged 15-24 years) reported 1.5 lost-time incidents per 100 workers, up slightly from 1.4 in 2012
- Lost-time incidents for falls from heights decreased to 8.5 per 10,000 workers, down slightly from 8.6
- There were 30 fatalities in 2013, five due to workplace accidents and 25 from occupational illnesses, up from a total of 26 workplace fatalities for 2012.
Submit a policy: email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Do You Like This Tool ?