New and amended provisions of the OHS act and regulation will take effect on April 1, 2014. Highlights:
- Provides immediate fines for activities presenting an imminent risk to workers or backsliding to unsafe conditions after complying with an improvement order
- Penalizes employers that prevent workers from exercising their OHS rights
- Gives Manitoba Workplace Safety and Health the authority to issue a stop-work order to prevent an employer from engaging in a specific task that may place workers at imminent risk of serious injury or illness
- Clarifies employers’ duties to provide workplace-specific OHS orientation before a new worker begins work at a workplace or returns to a workplace where the hazards have changed during his absence
- Outlines the role and scope of Manitoba’s new chief prevention officer position
- Clarifies the criteria for granting of an exemption from a regulatory provision or JHSC requirement for multiple workplaces
- Requires employers to ensure that each safety and health representative or JHSC member is trained to competently fulfil their duties.
Submit a policy: email to email@example.com
Do You Like This Tool ?