LAWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
Drugs & Alcohol
Sept. 16: Make sure your workers know about the new penalties they face for impaired driving, including the possibility of:
- Having their vehicle impaired
- 3 to 5 years of mandatory ignition interlock for second offences
- Inclusion of driver licence suspensions to the driver’s abstract.
Aug. 26: The WCB concluded public review of proposed changes to its vocational rehabilitation policy (POL-117) affecting:
- Eligibility criteria for vocational rehab
- Types of vocational rehab assistance available
- Workers’ entitlement to wage loss benefits after completing a vocational rehab program.
Aug. 1: A 50¢ increase to the breakfast and dinner allowance rates for reimbursing meal expenses incurred by injured workers who have to travel for treatment of work-related injuries took effect (under WCB Policy POL-03: Travel and Related Expenses).