LAWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
Sept. 11: Newfoundland has approved funding of 62 Seafood Innovation and Transition Program projects so far this year, as opposed to 37 for all of last year. There’s still $200,000 of funding available under the Program, which is designed to help seafood industry companies diversify and transition from shellfish to groundfish fisheries.
EPA environmental assessment actions in Sept. (so far):
- Registration of Labrador West Sand and Gravel Quarry [Reg. 1923]
- Registration of PESG Chapel Arm Services Facility [Reg. 1924]
- Release of Bay Bulls Forage Farm Agricultural Development [Reg. 1904]
- Release of Cartwright Suborbital Flight Range [Reg. 1883]
- Release of Corner Brook Microbrewery [Reg. 1901]
- Release of Cormack Microbrewery [Reg. 1907]
- Release of Deadwater Brook Agricultural Development [Reg. 1900]
- Release of Crown District 2 Five-Year Operating Plan [Reg. 1902]
- Release of Glovertown Cranberry Farm [Reg. 1903]
- Approval of plan for Diversion and Dewatering of Luce Lake North, Labrador West [Reg. 1810].