Employers have to:
- Make sure workers know about hazards and dangers by providing information, instruction and training on how to work safely.
- Make sure supervisors know what is required to protect workers’ health and safety on the job.
- Create health and safety rules for their workplace.
- Make sure everyone follows the law and the workplace health and safety procedures.
- Make sure workers wear and use the right safety gear.
- Do everything reasonable to protect workers from being hurt or getting a work-related illness.