Presenter: Robert Ryan
Date: Watch the recorder webinar and find out more.
Duration: 90 Minutes
Wouldn’t it be great to have some sort of system in place to stop workplace injuries, fatalities and equipment damage situations before they occurred?
If your company adopted a simple, proven way to create a near-miss (close call) reporting culture, it would move a long way toward achieving that goal, according to certified safety professional Robert Ryan, president of Safety Metrics Inc. in Wilmington, DE,
Ryan says a near-miss reporting culture in place:
- Enables companies to pro-actively resolve hazards before a tragic or costly incident occurs.
- Engages the workforce (all workers at all levels) in solving problems.
- Increases safety ownership and reinforces workers’ self-esteem.
- Exposes valuable information that otherwise might not be discussed.
- Develops a positive and necessary attitude surrounding safety.
Ryan says there are basically four steps toward creating a near-miss reporting culture. Watch the recorder webinar and find out more.