Latest Compliance Headlines
"Do" Diligence Blog Our Editor's reponses to the latest news in Canadian Safety Compliance
- Oregon Strippers Fight for Better Workplace Safety If you think construction workers and miners face danger on the job, those professions have nothing on the safety hazards faced by strippers in the clubs where they dance!
Ok, I’m being facetious
- Ship Captains Convicted of Criminal Charges in Fatal Sinkings Criminal charges for safety incidents—even ones involving multiple fatalities—are rare. But in two notable international cases, the captains of ships that sank were not only accused of criminal ch
- International RSI Awareness Day Is Back on Feb. 28, 2015 The 16th International Repetitive Strain Injury (RSI) Awareness Day is Feb. 28, 2015 (although it’s officially celebrated on Feb. 29th—the only non-repetitive day on the calendar). RSIs, also call
- Use Case Studies to Get Executives to See the Value in Workplace Safety In a recent poll, we asked if your CEO or company owner gets the value of worker health and safety. A mere 50% said yes. Another 26% said no, while 24% had no idea, which is almost as bad as a no.
- Take 6 Steps to Protect Workers from Nanoparticles Not all of the safety hazards in the workplace are visible to the naked eye. In fact, some of them are very, very small.
Case in point: Nanoparticles, microscopic particles that are between one to